Payer insights are crucial when launching a drug onto the market, however, they are often thought of as an extension of physician marketing. The needs of the payer market can be vastly different. It also has the added complexity of being comprised of stakeholders with varied backgrounds such as: clinical, marketing, finance, among others. Pharmaceutical and biotechnology manufacturers must understand how to address the different needs of this diverse group in a quick and easy fashion, and this requires in-depth insights from all payer stakeholders.
Through Inside Edge (IE) work in the payer landscape we have developed The Council of Strategic Healthcare Advisors (CSHA), a proprietary panel of over 90 managed care stakeholders, representing:
- Managed Care Plans, Medical and pharmacy directors – Commercial and Part D
- Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PharmDs)
- In-hospital Pharmacy Directors (PharmDs)
- Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs)
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)/Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs)
- Skilled Nursing Facilities – Medical Directors
- Employer Groups and Coalitions
- Decision makers are wholesaler organizations
- Retail Chain and independent pharmacy
- Physicians in key therapeutic areas
As a part of CSHA, IE is able to conduct in-depth interviews and advisory boards. The multi-channel approach taken by IE allows for insights from multiple payer perspectives to help client organizations to build a 360⁰ story for its products.
Please stay tuned for future blogs about the specific programming and insights which can be obtained through the CSHA. In the interim, please visit our website: www.insideedgeconsulting.com for more information on our organization.